Thursday, March 22, 2012

Grateful For Being There When Mom Calls

Did you ever get the call?  It came last night.  I was getting ready to enjoy an early evening walk, when mom called to tell me she was going to be admitted to the hospital.  She's not feeling right.  Something seems wrong.  Tests.


Imagine not being able to get in your car and hold your mom's hand when she's scared.  That feeling of helplessness.  So grateful that this time I'm home.  I'm not out of town.  My daughter said she couldn't stay in her apartment knowing that grandma was alone.  She was at the hospital when I arrived giving mom a facial.  Priorities.


I'm sorry for the times that Blago will get a call.  He'll have to hang up and feel helpless.  Whatever the test results, I'm grateful to be there for mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment