Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Give Your Barber An Extra Tip. He's A Luxury.

This exercise in gratitude is catching on with my friends.  A guy I work with told me he felt great because he had just gone to his barber.  He looked at me, rolled his eyes, and said, "Yes.  I know.  I'm grateful I didn't have the prison barber work on me."  


It's official.  Blago's barber has announced the former governor's dark hair is dyed and will turn grey within the first few months in prison.  Worse.  He taught Blago how to trim his own hair.  Next time you only have the funds for a quick trim at Super Cuts, leave an extra tip to show how grateful you are for this overlooked luxury.  


If you visit the prison on Alcatraz, they'll tell you how the prisoners would listen to music that was heard from a nearby dance hall.  (My daughter just returned from a visit to San Francisco. I'm not obsessed. She shared this story.) The prison guards lived on the island, and they would dance on the weekends at the hall.  It made the prisoners very sad to hear the music, and not be able to dance.  It's incredibly warm out today.  I have to work.  I'm looking out the window and I get how the prisoners felt.  I'm going out to enjoy the warm weather tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment