Friday, March 16, 2012

What Will I Be Doing During The Next 14 Years While Blagojevich Is In Prison?

I watched former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich walk into prison yesterday.  He's going to spend the next 14 years there.  Imagine all he will miss.  His daughters will have gone through high school and college.  Perhaps they'll be married. 


He's my age.  I got to thinking that the last thing I want to do is find myself with nothing to show for the next 14 years.  I don't want to find Blagojevich has saved more money by cleaning prison toilets than I've saved.  I want to appreciate every day for at least one special reason.  If nothing else, I want to find myself watching Governor Blagojevich leave prison and think to myself, "I experienced so much while he was away."  So today I begin my own journey of gratitude.  Grateful not be Blagojevich.  


Yesterday afternoon I purchased hair color for my roots.  SO grateful that I can cover the grey.  Blago has to let his hair go white.  My family watched the NCAA Tournament.  I was grateful that I had my own bag of sour cream chips to munch on.  I imagined Blago watching the game on his sad little metal bed without his favorite chips.  Last night I was grateful for an extra blanket.  Really.  I even had THREE pillows.  So grateful.  I saw a photo of his cell.  One blanket and one pillow.


This morning I was grateful for my shower curtain.  Grateful for my privacy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment