Tuesday, January 29, 2013

On The Road Again!

This week I'm in the Texas area on a work project.  I drove from Chicago to Dallas.  Most folks look at me like I'm insane when I say that I drove down here.  I thought I was going to go insane as I approached Oklahoma, but a funny thing happened.  I realized how lucky I am being able to get on the road and just drive. 

Oklahoma wasn't so bad after all.  I imagined not being able to get into my car and just drive away.  Suddenly, the landscape looked green.   In Texas, I've made a point of appreciating everything around me.  Who knew Texas BBQ was so good.  I stopped at a restaurant known to have the best chili in the state.  Hot!!  I wouldn't normally have done that before.  I'd be happy just sitting in my room alone.  But, I'm not behind bars.  I don't have to sit in my room alone.  I can, "see things that I may never see again and go places that I've never been."

I'm not necessarily looking forward to the drive back, but I won't go insane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment