Sunday, September 2, 2012

"Jealousy...Belongs To Reasonable Men."

I'm staring at this week's edition of, "Parade Magazine," in the Chicago Tribune.  There are the Obamas.  They look happy, beautiful, content.  The photo says, "Life has been good to us.  We are on top of the world.  What we have is golden." :)



I'm grateful that I'm not Blago or his wife, who have to open the paper this morning and see the couple staring right back at him.  I'm thinking that they're thinking, "If only Obama had come from another state. If only I hadn't joked around about that Senate seat. Life was good to us.  We were on top of the world.  What we had was truly F-ing golden. That could have been us." :(



Imagine that perfect family or person you know.  They have everything.  It's normal to be jealous.  Yes, you remind yourself of all you have. You move on.  But even Aristotle pointed out that, "Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men."  Thankfully, we don't have to see that perfect person we know on the news each night, in the paper each day.  We don't see their perfect family sharing adventures around the world.  Blago endures this every day.  No peace of mind.



"He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind." (Buddha)  I'm grateful for my peace of mind.






No comments:

Post a Comment