Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Room With A View

My kitchen window faces the yard.  The kitchen needs to be updated.  I like the '70's look, but my son calls it something else.  It doesn't really matter to me, because my view of the yard with blooming flowers is very special.  I can't imagine not having a beautiful view and a table next to the window.  This is where I have my morning coffee.  I pay the bills.  I talk to my son after school here.  I'm able to look past the old cabinets and outdated floor. My kitchen table is made from old barn wood.  I've had it since the children were born.  I forget the role this table has played in our lives. 



Over the summer, I've weeded and planted new shrubs and flowers.  It took a lot of work.  I did it because of this window.  It's a view I've taken for granted.  I realized that Blago takes a look out at a yard once in a while, but it's a little different than my yard!  He's lucky if he has a window in his cell. 



The birds have discovered my yard.  I turned on the sprinkler, and they're flying in for a bath and respite from the intense heat.  Simple joy. I'll add new fall colors as gratitude for my room with a view.


No comments:

Post a Comment