Sunday, March 17, 2013

Extraordinary Moments Count

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  It was filled with extraordinary moments.  Blago's wife said he has missed those ordinary moments with his family, and those are the times in my own life that I've recognized in this journal. 


However, when the extraordinary moments come along, you have to rejoice and hug them, and be grateful you're there to enjoy.



I spent the afternoon at an intimate bridal shower celebrating with extended family.  Great lunch at the restaurant that serves the best dessert.  Children who were babies yesterday, showed up as beautiful and smart 6 and 7 year olds.  So nice to catch up.



Last night was my cousin's wedding.  He was one of my dad's favorite nephews.  I gave him a hug and told him how proud my dad would have been of him.  He was 7 years old when my dad passed away.  He now owns one of Chicago's favorite restaurants...literally named, "Chicago's Favorite Pizza & Italian Restaurant," by WGN-TV.  I haven't seen my cousins in a long time.  It was a fun night. 



My daughter brought a young man she's been dating.  It was the first time we met.  So nice to see her happy.  I'd be crushed if I only knew him through photos.  I gave him a hug.  That what you do when extraordinary moments happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment