Monday, May 5, 2014

The Long Road to the ACT Results

My son's ACT results were available on line.  I held my breath as I clicked.  You know the feeling.  This is the fork in the road.  He'll either go here or there depending on that number.  I paused and thought of all the work that went into this number.  Literal baby steps.  Reading to him at night as a baby, teaching him to recognize letters, walking with him to pre-school, the school that was chosen with such care.  Making sure he was up and ready each day for school from kindergarten through high school. 



I clicked and you could hear me scream from down the block.  He did great.  Better than he thought.  When he left to take the test that morning I made sure his pencils were sharpened.  I gave him a good breakfast.  We stopped at Starbucks on the way for a shot of double espresso. 


So grateful that I was able to have been on this road with him.  I can't imagine not being there to hug him later that night and to congratulate him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment